Content is King: What on earth does that mean?
Posted on March 18, 2021
There are many factors that determine how effective and valuable your website is to your audience. Such may include the design, usability, various functionalities, etc. But none beats quality content. You probably have at some point encountered the saying "Content is King". The statement may look ambiguous, but it holds the truth. When it comes to a website’s success, content really is the King. It is the reason people find, visit, and share your web pages. Without relevant, valuable, and quality content, your website will not be as effective as it ought to be.
What does content refer to?
Content refers to all of the informative, educative or entertaining media on your website in form of texts, imagery, videos, infographics, e-books, podcasts, and much more. You should create quality content that is valuable and more useful for your audience.
Content shouldn’t be an afterthought to your website but should be the foundation and core of the design process.
Why is content the King?
It gives meaning to a website
A beautiful website without content is like a car without an engine. Content is to a website what an engine is to a car. Content gives life and meaning to a website. It draws people in, explains to them the site’s purpose, and guides them to take the desired action. It answers the potential customers’ questions.
Content is the words that tell the brand’s story, videos that show how a product works, and blog posts that explore ideas.
It’s a great SEO ingredient
Search engine optimization(SEO) encompasses a set of practices carried within or outside a website with the goal of improving the website rankings on search engine results as a way of getting more traffic.
Statistics show that 93% of all online experiences begin with a search engine. 75% of people who search on Google never go past the first page of search results. The majority of people choose to click on the first 3 results. Thus, having your website rank among the top results in Google search can get your huge traffic(website visitors).
Among the factors that Search Engines(eg. Google, Bing, etc) consider in their ranking algorithms is the quality of content. In order for the search engines to rank your web pages for the various keywords, your pages must contain content that is unique, credible, relevant, and valuable to your audience in relation to those keywords.
It improves credibility
By constantly posting quality and relevant well-written content in your niche, you let everyone see that you’re a professional who knows what they’re doing. This positions you as an expert in your field and shows that your company is a credible source that keeps up with industry innovations and developments. Ideally, your website/blog may turn out to be a go-to site when purchasing a particular product or researching more about your industry or service.
It improves engagements
Website visitors who find your content and blog posts relevant and captivating tend to share them with other people on social media platforms. This is a great way to gain a new audience and exposure for your business.
Good content helps people understand the unique value that your brand presents, building rapport and making them more likely to spend money with you.
Content is the reason people find, visit, and share your web pages. Good design is important but only exists to present this information in an organized and presentable way. Having content prepared early in the web design process makes the design molded around it and not the other way round. Having the content as the foundation and good design to highlight it helps improve the user experience.
Should you be in need of professional web design services, feel free to contact us. If you found this content useful please share and follow us on social media to be updated when we add more incredible content.
Share on Social Media
- Content is King: What on earth does that mean?
- 8 big web design mistakes that drives away website visitors
- Reasons why your website does not get you any results
- How to display code in a web page [just like in text editors]
- 7 ways that you can make money from your blog
- Step-by-step guide on how to create & setup a Facebook page
- 10 Reasons why your website may need redesigning
- How to create and setup a LinkedIn page for your Company
- How to turn off getting Facebook email notifications
- How to disable/turn off getting twitter email notifications
- Why you should hire an experienced website developer
- Reasons why your website should be SEO optimized
- Different types of digital marketing explained
- 10 Essential web pages that every business website should have
- How to configure custom domain email to use in Gmail
- How to Get More Visitors to Your Website for Free
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) explanation to a layman
- Why your business need to have a website
- Reasons why your website should have a blog
- Basic Terminologies in Website Design and Development
- Computer Keyboard Shortcuts that you should know
- [Solved] Drag and drop not working in Ubuntu 19.04
- How to embed Google Map with location marker to your website
- The complete HTTP Status response codes reference
- Differences between shared, VPS, dedicated and cloud hosting