How to turn off getting Facebook email notifications
Posted on January 26, 2021
When you register as a new Facebook user and provide your email address, email notifications are enabled in your account by default. That means you will constantly be receiving email notifications from Facebook. These include when people like or comment on your posts, tag you, your friends updates their status, suggestions on people you may know, when people requests or accepts your friend requests, when your friends have birthday etc.
Since most of these activities happen so often, you may end up getting so many emails each day that pile up in your inbox and make it difficult for you to find the important emails. In addition, push notifications are also enabled by default so I don’t find the point of getting these emails twice.
Fortunately, Facebook has a way of letting you turn these notifications off or set which you want or wouldn’t want to receive. This article explain how to do it on the Facebook desktop version.
Turning off facebook email notifications
To make those settings, follow the steps below:
1. Login to your to your Facebook account.
2. Click on the top right icon.
3. Click on “Settings and Privacy” option.
4. Click on “Settings” option.
5. Scroll down and click on “Notifications” option on the left column. You can as well achieve all the above steps to this point by clicking this link or typing and accessing on your browser address bar: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=notifications
In the Notifications setting page, you will see two sections.
i). What Notifications You Receive
This section allows to customize which notifications you want to receive and which not to. It has several sections such as Comments, Tags, Reminders, Friend Reqests etc. When you click on any of these sections you will see the descriptions about when or how you receive these notifications. Under where you receive these notifications you have 3 options each with a toggle button on the right to turn on or off as shown below.
Just turn off those which you don’t want to receive anymore.
ii). How You Get Notifications
This section allows you to do more general customization on how you want to get the the notifications.
Click on “Emails” option.
If you want to turn off all the email notifications and allow only the very most important and necessary ones, click on the “Only about your account” option.
You will stop receiving all unless when recovering/resetting your account password and when someone tries to access your account or there is any issue with your account in regards to security and privacy.
Turning of notifications via the email
Another way to stop receiving facebook notifications is to unsubscribe via your email account.
To do so, login to your email account and open any of the emails from facebook.
At the top you will see an option to unsubscribe from facebook emails.
There is also an option to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
When you are done, rest assured of no more receiving those annoying emails.
Share on Social Media
- Content is King: What on earth does that mean?
- 8 big web design mistakes that drives away website visitors
- Reasons why your website does not get you any results
- How to display code in a web page [just like in text editors]
- 7 ways that you can make money from your blog
- Step-by-step guide on how to create & setup a Facebook page
- 10 Reasons why your website may need redesigning
- How to create and setup a LinkedIn page for your Company
- How to turn off getting Facebook email notifications
- How to disable/turn off getting twitter email notifications
- Why you should hire an experienced website developer
- Reasons why your website should be SEO optimized
- Different types of digital marketing explained
- 10 Essential web pages that every business website should have
- How to configure custom domain email to use in Gmail
- How to Get More Visitors to Your Website for Free
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) explanation to a layman
- Why your business need to have a website
- Reasons why your website should have a blog
- Basic Terminologies in Website Design and Development
- Computer Keyboard Shortcuts that you should know
- [Solved] Drag and drop not working in Ubuntu 19.04
- How to embed Google Map with location marker to your website
- The complete HTTP Status response codes reference
- Differences between shared, VPS, dedicated and cloud hosting