How to create and setup a LinkedIn page for your Company
Posted on January 26, 2021
LinkedIn is the world’s largest social network focusing on professional networking and career development. LinkedIn helps people to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills they need to succeed in their careers. It is accessible via the desktop website, LinkedIn mobile app, mobile web experience, or the LinkedIn Lite Android mobile app. It is own by the tech giant company Microsoft.
Despite it being different from the other social networks due to its focus on professional connections, it’s quite similar to them in terms of usage. Just like on the other social networks, on LinkedIn people can also post updates, comment on posts, share and like content as well as send instant messages.
LinkedIn profiles are organized in form of resumes where people can add their educational background, skills, work experience, accomplishments, recommendations, and referrals from colleagues.
LinkedIn Company Page and its advantages
In addition to enabling professional connections, LinkedIn allows business owners to create a company page for their businesses. Whether your company has a team of employees or you are just self-employed, you can create a LinkedIn page for your businesses which come with a number of advantages.
Below are some of the advantages of having a LinkedIn page:
1. It professionally showcases your company. Even as a single employee to your business you build a strong image of your business to the world.
2. Your employees act as indirect company ambassadors. Since the user profiles are structured in form of a resume, your current or former employees while updating their profiles will add your company under the experience section. This way, their connections or anybody looking at their profiles will get to know about your company. This will give your company more brand awareness and may lead to future business deals.
3. When people mention your company in their profiles post updates, you get notified. This is awesome as you will be able to be in the know of what people say about your business. In addition, you can connect with them since they have shown some interest which can end up bringing business opportunities.
How to create a LinkedIn company page for your business
Personally I have encountered a number of people who have had challenges in creating a LinkedIn page. Taking them as a sample I know there many people out there who would like guidance on how to do it. For that reason, I decided to write this article.
Follow the easy steps below to create your LinkedIn page:
1. Log in to your Linkedin account.
2. Click on the work link at the top right corner.
A drop-down section with LinkedIn products appears.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Create a Company Page +”.
You will be taken to a new page.
In this section, select the category in which your business belongs.
4. Fill in the company details
You are then taken to a new page and presented with 3 sections for adding your company details. All the fields marked in a star are required/mandatory.
i). Page identity
In this section, you are required to add your company name and website address. The LinkedIn public URL is autogenerated from the company name. It is the one you will be sharing with people or adding to your website when you want people to visit your LinkedIn page. You can customize it to how you want it to be. For instance, ours is https://www.linkedin.com/company/thecodepot. In the URL field, we entered the last part “thecodepot”.
ii). Company details
In this section you are required to provide more company details: The industry in which your company falls, the company size in terms of number of employees and company ownership type.
iii). Profile details
In this section you are required to upload your company logo and add your company tagline. Kindly note that the logo should be square in shape to avoid it being cropped and some part not shown on the profile. The recommended size is 300pixels height by 300pixels width. The only file types allowed are .jpg, .jeg and .png.
As you enter all the above details, a preview of your page is generated on the right side as shown below.
5. Verify that you are the authorized representative of the organization, the click “Create Page” button.
By clicking the “Create Page” button your page is created and accessible via the public URL you entered as shown below.
To look more professional as a company, and to unlock more features such as inviting your connections to follow your page, LinkedIn recommends that you complete the profile by adding company description, location and to start posting updates.
Updating these details is easy and straight-forward.
In this article you have learnt what LinkedIn is all about, the advantages of having a company page for your business and the step by step comprehensive procedure for creating a LinkedIn company page. It’s my hope that you have found this article useful. If so, please follow us on social media to stay updated when we add new content. Have a great time!
Share on Social Media
- Content is King: What on earth does that mean?
- 8 big web design mistakes that drives away website visitors
- Reasons why your website does not get you any results
- How to display code in a web page [just like in text editors]
- 7 ways that you can make money from your blog
- Step-by-step guide on how to create & setup a Facebook page
- 10 Reasons why your website may need redesigning
- How to create and setup a LinkedIn page for your Company
- How to turn off getting Facebook email notifications
- How to disable/turn off getting twitter email notifications
- Why you should hire an experienced website developer
- Reasons why your website should be SEO optimized
- Different types of digital marketing explained
- 10 Essential web pages that every business website should have
- How to configure custom domain email to use in Gmail
- How to Get More Visitors to Your Website for Free
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO) explanation to a layman
- Why your business need to have a website
- Reasons why your website should have a blog
- Basic Terminologies in Website Design and Development
- Computer Keyboard Shortcuts that you should know
- [Solved] Drag and drop not working in Ubuntu 19.04
- How to embed Google Map with location marker to your website
- The complete HTTP Status response codes reference
- Differences between shared, VPS, dedicated and cloud hosting